Saturday, March 10, 2007

Influx: Part 3

Part 2

The young black man slips out from the booth when Boris is about 3 feet from the table, and dips his right hand into his trench-coat, all in one quick, fluid motion. His hand comes up with a very large revolver which he points at Boris. I recognize it as a Colt Python, .357 Magnum. Boris stops and stares at the gun.

"Fucking shit!" Screams either Tony or Larry still back at the booth.

In the second that follows, Boris backs up half a step. This was not expected. Things have changed, but he is not going to show fear. You can see the bad-boy smirk begin to come to his lips. His brain has not yet grasped the fact that this is a very odd situation when pieces of it go flying across the floor. It feels like my ears have already started to ring and I am in the rain halfway across the back parking-lot to my car even before the shot is fired. I don't even remember the sound.
The next day, the Levy County Examiner would tell of three bodies being found in the Bacon House on Main Street. The descriptions of the suspects would be mine, they would never be caught. I decided to sell my share in the diner and move down to Miami. I made the call to the bank the next day, never set foot back in the store as I was sure they would come back for me.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: